2. Brush your wig lightly with a wire brush before washing. Never brush your wig with a regular hairbrush as it can damage the fibers.
3.. Add a teaspoonful of wig shampoo to a bowl of cool water. Never use hot water on a synthetic wig.
4. Place the wig into the water for one minute until it’s saturated with the shampoo/water combination. Do use it lightly in the basin for an additional minute.
5. Remove your wig from the basin and gently squeeze excess water from your wig. Never twist or wring your wag to avoid damage.
6. Gently blot your wig dry with a towel.
7. Place wig back on its form to dry completely before styling. Never style a wet wig!
8. You can periodically condition your wig by applying hair conditioner periodically after washing and before the final rinse.
9. Always store your wig on it’s wig stand when not being worn. This will help to maintain it’s form and style.
How often should you wash your synthetic wig?
It’s generally recommended that synthetic wigs be washed after every 15-20 wearings. If you wash too frequently, you risk shortening the life of your wig. If you keep your own hair clean underneath the wig, you can reduce the frequency with which your wig needs washing which may further help to prolong the life of your wig. Be sure to take your wig in to be styled by a professional at regular intervals.
By following these guidelines for synthetic wig care, you should be able to enjoy your synthetic wig for a long time!